I don’t know about you, but figuring out how to promote your handmade art can be a bit challenging. I have a list of some ways to promote handmade art, but here are a few ideas:
- Social media: Use platforms like TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to showcase your artwork and reach a wider audience. You can also use hashtags to make your work more discoverable.
- Create a website: Build a website where you can showcase your artwork, provide information about your process, and sell your pieces directly to customers. While I am not against marketplaces, having your own dedicated website is smart business and helps you build a strong brand. Make sure you have a consistent style and message across all of your marketing channels. This includes your website, social media, business cards, and any other promotional materials.
- Attend craft fairs and markets: Find local craft fairs and markets where you can set up a booth to sell your art and connect with potential customers.
- Collaborate with influencers: Partner with influencers in your niche to showcase your artwork on their platforms and reach a wider audience.
- Offer giveaways: Host a giveaway on social media or your website to generate excitement and encourage people to share your work with their networks.
- Collaborate with local businesses: Reach out to local businesses and see if they would be interested in displaying your art in their space. This can help you gain exposure and potentially lead to sales.
- Attend art shows and galleries: Attend local art shows and galleries to network with other artists and potential customers. You can also consider submitting your work to be displayed in galleries or art shows.
Marketing and promoting is an activity that doesn’t end if you want to remain in business. Take some time to think about how you would like to promote your handmade business.