When I first got serious about my goals, someone mentioned creating a vision board, and while I am a crafty person, I don’t love making collages. In essence, a vision board is a visual representation of your goals and aspirations. I created my own way of bringing the vision I want to achieve but in writing and in the process defining my be, do, and have goals.
If you like creating vision boards, then I am the last person to stop you. I believe in doing and using what works for you, even if it doesn’t work for other people. And maybe you want a vision board and a written version to help you clarify your goals and make them more tangible.
Here are the steps to create a written version of your vision board:
- Review your vision board: Take a look at your board and identify the themes, goals, and aspirations that you have included in it.
- Brainstorm: Write down all the things you want to achieve or experience in different areas of your life, such as health, career, relationships, spirituality, personal growth, and so on.
- Organize your ideas: Group your ideas into themes or categories that make sense to you. For example, you might have a category for personal growth goals, another for career goals, and so on.
- Write down your goals: For each category, write down your goals in a clear and specific way. Use positive language and focus on what you want to achieve, rather than what you want to avoid.
- Add details: Add as much detail as possible to your goals, including specific timelines, action steps, and potential obstacles. This will help you make your goals more realistic and achievable.
- Create a plan: Use your written vision board to create a plan of action for each of your goals. Identify the steps you need to take, set deadlines, and track your progress along the way.
- Review and revise: Review your written vision board regularly and make revisions as needed. Celebrate your successes along the way and adjust your plan if you encounter obstacles or setbacks.
Remember, a written version of your vision board is just one tool to help you achieve your goals. It’s important to take action and commit to making your dreams a reality.