It seems to be that life is really about the transformative journey and the opportunity to explore the peaks of inspiration. And over the years, people have asked me how I get things done and do all of the things that I do. I thought I would create a little something that may help you tap into your Peaks of Inspiration and ride the wave of creativity so you can get your ideas done and out into the world.
But first, let me ask you something:
Are you done waiting for the right time, the perfect moment?
Are you frustrated because you start but don’t finish your project?
Are you filled with different peaks of inspiration but you don’t know where to start?
I want to share with you
- how I’ve been creating and doing things for the last 20+ years
- how to get your projects completed
- how to use this technique again and again
In the last 20 years, I created a lot of things!
- 5 books – one of them I had the idea and it was published 2 weeks later
- 4 coloring books – usually takes me about a month for 30 pages
- Planners, workbooks, journals
- Training + Courses
- Videos + Podcast
- 1000+ blog posts
- 1000+ works of art
- Created a single blog with a year’s worth of content in a week
- Building a website in a day for myself or my clients
- Earned my Master’s while simultaneously my son was fighting for his life
- Hosted several Summits – the first one, I secured and recorded 25 interviews and was up and running within 6 weeks
And I have been doing all of that because I want to and by sitting myself in the chair and doing the work!
I get ideas all the time, some of them excite me like mad, other’s not so much. But the ones that have me buzzing with energy, I ride that wave all the way to the end and release it! It’s almost like I don’t have a choice until it’s done.
I don’t really know how many waves of inspiration I’ve had and saw them through but here’s how this usually happens. I created a blog and had it up and running within a week!
- Day 1 – I spend 16 hours finding a WordPress theme, found one I loved, installed it, and got all of the pages set up in a few hours.
- Days 2 through 4 I spend 12-14 hours writing 52 blog posts and scheduled them to be published every week.
- Day 5-7 I created planners, journals, and things that I could set up in a shop, again following along with them.
- And then it’s just about maintaining it and committing to doing the work on a regular schedule – and for me that is the harder part of things.
But this is pretty much how I do everything, working around all of the other things I have going on in my life.
Things for you to know
It does not need to be perfect and in fact, it’s probably going to be messy.
This is not a competition that will receive any kind of award.
You just need to show up for it and allow yourself to ride that wave!
If you are doubting yourself right now, know this:
- Your art needs to be made and released into the world.
- Your stories need to be told and shared with the world.
- Your gifts and talents need to be out in the open!
It’s time that you sit down and do what you’re called to do, even if it has errors and even if you get distracted. No more putting it off for another day!
While breaking things done can be helpful, it can actually get in the way of getting it done.
Why because, well if you’re like me, long-term goals are boring as hell, and odds are the interest and the momentum are lost way before you reach that date on the calendar.
But that’s why embracing the energy that comes with the peaks of inspiration from start to finish makes everything just so much easier and you get to enjoy the rest when it’s all said and done!
Do you know what happens when you wait until the right time and everything is perfect?
- The business you want
- The book you want to write
- The art you want to create
- The people you want to help
- The career you want
There will be no movement towards any of it. It’s just a pile of ideas nagging you, wondering when you will take the leap to trust yourself and go with the flow of your ideas and intuition.
Riding that wave is exciting and filled with joy. It helps you get things done!
Here’s how I see it:
Your dreams and ideas that come to you, well they are meant for you. It’s your responsibility to lean into that space, learn from it and allow yourself to ride that wave.
- It’s about tapping having faith, and trusting yourself.
- It’s about feeling a bit crazy but amazing all at the same time.
- It’s about leaning into your own creativity and allowing it to unfold.
What will you create?
This is it, the moment you’ve been waiting for.
It’s time to ride the wave and finish what you want to create!
- Don’t hold back.
- Do not wait until the perfect moment.
- Don’t wait for permission.
- Don’t wait for validation.
- Don’t wait until the stars are aligned.
Instead, go and create it until its done and release it into the world
Get on that wave of inspiration and ride it all out to the beach.
You have one job and this is it!
Join me in the Wild-Hearted Creative and step into a world where creativity knows no boundaries. Our membership is a haven for wild souls ready to rebel against the ordinary. Join us and set your creativity free!